The Lead Systems Administrator will join a team supporting the DOD customer. They will be responsible for integration and implementation of the infrastructure that will support the customer’s enterprise-level systems. The Lead System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This position will also work with monitoring tools, active directory, assess and interpret requirements of systems and applications in relation to hardware, and software, implementing efficiencies through automation (leveraging PowerShell and Science Logic ). The candidate will lead a team maintaining and securing this mission critical IT environment, which relies on Windows Server 2016, SharePoint, and SQL Server, running within a virtual environment using VMWare.
- Works with Government IT staff and leads a contractor team of System Administrators and Database Administrators
- Ensure long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization. Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows servers, including web servers, DB servers, and network servers in support of business processing requirements
- Performs software installations, patches and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
- Familiar with DOD policy and maintaining system compliance with IAVAs. Ability to track IAVAs and corresponding KBs (if applicable) and affected servers
- Familiar (experience preferred) with tracking and applying DISA STIGs and documenting through the STIG viewer.
- Helps Monitor and perform troubleshooting of event logs
- Maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation
Required Experience or Knowledge of the following technologies/functions:
- 5 or more years of experience
- MCSA or MCSE Certification in Windows Server 2012/2016 required
- Security + Certification required
- This position is client-facing so superior oral and written skills are required
- Self-motivation and strong organizational skills
- Experience with setup and monitoring of Backup Solutions
- Experience with VMWare is a plus
- Experience with DOD security practices
InterImage, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. We offer competitive compensation, flexibility and a great benefits package that includes paid holidays, sick leave and two weeks paid vacation during your first year of employment. We also offer healthcare, life insurance and disability coverage, a retirement savings plan (401K), Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses, and subsidized transportation programs.